Donald Trump lied (above) about his wealth to get on the Forbes 400, the business magazine’s ranking of the world’s richest people, posing as publicist ‘John Barron’ to do so.
Writes Jonathan Greenberg in the Washington Post:
…it took decades to unwind the elaborate farce Trump had built to project an image as one of the richest people in America. Nearly every assertion supporting that claim was untrue. Trump wasn’t just poorer than he said he was. Over time I have learned that he should not have been on the first three Forbes 400 lists at all. In our first-ever list, in 1982, we included him at $100 million, but Trump was actually worth roughly $5 million — a paltry sum by the standards of his super-monied peers — as a spate of government reports and books showed only much later.
When Trump was campaigning for president, it was revealed that he masqueraded as his own spokesman earlier in his career to brag about his accomplishments, his wealth, and his alleged desirability to famous women.
In May 2016, The Washington Post published an audio recording of a 1991 call from a man claiming to be on Trump’s PR team, who responded to a request from People magazine reporter Sue Carswell for a comment on Trump’s divorce from wife Ivana and his increasingly complicated relationship with model Marla Maples.
As “John Miller”, Trump touted his reputation as a playboy, explaining that famous actresses and even the likes of Madonna call him wanting to date him.
Trump using the pseudonyms John Miller and John Barron was a fact well-known among New York journalists at the time. Trump would eventually admit that the call to People was a “joke gone awry.” And prior to that call, in 1990, Trump said of the name ‘John Miller,’ “I believe on occasion I used that name.”
Trump denied that fact:
In a phone call to NBC’s “Today” program, Trump denied that he was John Miller. “No, I don’t think it — I don’t know anything about it. You’re telling me about it for the first time and it doesn’t sound like my voice at all,” he said. “I have many, many people that are trying to imitate my voice and then you can imagine that, and this sounds like one of the scams, one of the many scams — doesn’t sound like me.” Later, he was more definitive: “It was not me on the phone. And it doesn’t sound like me on the phone, I will tell you that, and it was not me on the phone. And when was this? Twenty-five years ago?”
Trump continues to lie to this day, though there appears to be little to no consequence.
Donald Trump Tweets “Very Nice Note” from North Korea
The romance between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un appears to be going strong, with the president revealing he received a “very nice note” from the dictator.
Mr Trump tweeted a copy of the letter, dated 6 July, the day that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo landed in Pyongyang.
“Great progress being made!” he said.
A very nice note from Chairman Kim of North Korea. Great progress being made! pic.twitter.com/6NI6AqL0xt
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 12, 2018
The note from Kim comes after Mr Trump reportedly sent a special gift over for Kim with Mr Pompeo — a copy of Elton John’s “Rocket Man”. The gift was in-joke between the two, in reference to Mr Trump’s “Little Rocket Man” gibe of last year.
Mr Trump supposedly asked Kim in their historic June meeting in Singapore if he knew the song, but Kim didn’t. The president also reportedly wrote a message on the CD and signed it.
In Kim’s letter, he describes the June 12 summit, and the resulting joint statement agreed by both sides, as the “start of a meaningful journey”.
“I firmly believe that the strong will, sincere efforts and unique approach of myself and Your Excellency Mr President aimed at opening up a new future between the DPRK and the US will sure surely come to fruition,” he wrote.
“I deeply appreciate the energetic and extraordinary efforts made by Your Excellency Mr President for the improvement of relations between the two countries and the faithful implementation of the joint statement.”
But the North Korean leader called on his counterpart to take “practical actions” to build trust.
“The invariable trust and confidence in Your Excellency Mr President will be further strengthened in the future process of taking practical actions,” he said.
Trump Makes Fool of Himself Already During NATO Breakfast
Trump didn’t waste time making a total and complete fool of himself. During a NATO Breakfast which was supposed to be a lighthearted talk between leaders, he said anything he could that didn’t make sense and embarrassed himself left and right.
Somehow, Trump thinks Germany is being held captive by Russia. How?
“We have to be talking about the billions and billions of dollars that’s being paid to the country that we’re supposed to be protecting you against. Everybody’s talking about it, all over the world. They’ll say, ‘well wait a minute, we’re supposed to be protecting you from Russia.’ But why you pay billions of dollars to Russia for energy? Why are countries in NATO, mainly Germany, having a large percentage of their energy needs paid to Russia, and taken care of by Russia? Now if you look at it, Germany is a captive of Russia.”
Absolutely no one there knew what he was talking about, and even John Kelly, Trump’s own Chief of Staff couldn’t hold back his embarrassment. Visibly displeased by his boss’s strange behavior, he even facepalmed a few times.
Trump Wants to Deport 100,000 Citizens Next Year to Prevent Voting
According to reports, Trump isn’t stopping his anti-immigrant agenda, and it’s going to get worse: he is going to start deporting American Citizens who have been naturalized with a new task force. The claim is that they received their citizenship fraudulently, and should have it revoked. However, as most people pointed out, it’s only targeting Hispanics.
This has been used in the past for German Nazis who hid in the United States, but this time it’s going to be only for Mexicans.
A source within DHS said that they have flagged already “thousands of citizens” and that that orders from the White House are clear: deport hundreds of thousands within the next year in Southern California before the elections in 2020.
They are creating the Office in Southern California, and moving and hiring Spanish speaking agents there. There is no sign whatsoever that this new “task force” is doing anything but targeting Americans of Mexican descent.
In 2015 he said he was going to have stormtroopers, a “deportation force” that would round up 11 million people.
He wasn’t joking.
- Donald Trump Tweets “Very Nice Note” from North Korea
- Trump Makes Fool of Himself Already During NATO Breakfast
- Trump Sued by Former Driver for Unpaid Wages
- Trump Wants to Deport 100,000 Citizens Next Year to Prevent Voting
- ICE Barricades Entrances to Prevent Protestors from Entering Government Building