Unfortunately video of Rabbi Mordechai Aderet discussing the tragic shooting in a conservative synagogue in Pittsburgh last Shabbat, has been making its rounds on social media. In the Video the Rabbi explains that at the time of the Pittsburgh massacre in the Conservative Temple, there was a Bris Mila of a child adopted by two toeiva “fathers”. He claims that that is the reason there was a killing in the Synagogue.
The murders of eleven Jewish people in a synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was a horrific event. All moral people join together in condemning this hateful act. All of us, orthodox and non-orthodox alike, and good gentiles everywhere join in the pain of this tragedy The eleven people who were murdered died al kiddush Hashem (in Gods Name). They died because they were Jewish.
Unfortunately, there are times when misguided people, even great people, say things that are fundamentally erroneous and inflammatory. This week, one such person, a Rabbi from Great Neck, released a video that went viral immediately.
On that video, the Rabbi stated that the reason why the mass murder had happened was on account of a bris milah that was taking place in that synagogue – a bris milah of the adopted child of two men.
The Rabbi billed the video as his, “State of the Union Address.” Unless this author misunderstood him, he also began to lay claim that he had a bit of “Ruach haKodesh.” Finally, he pointed to the notion of his doctrinal infallibility by the fact that lehavdil, Rav Chaim Kanievsky Shlita and ybc”l Rav Aharon Leib Shteinman had both walked him to the door.
No one is disagreeing with the fact that proper Shabbos observance is a fundamental of Judaism and that maintaining the sacred nature of marriage and its definition is vital.
SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE
There is so much that is wrong with this picture that it is difficult to know where to start and one is at a loss for words. Nonetheless, the video is so disturbing that one must speak up.
- There is no question that those who perished died because they were Jews. They were eleven precious lives – Kedoshim (See Teshuvas Maharil #99 who calls the kedoshei elyon and writes that one can stand bemechitzasam). They were Hitler yimach shmo’s latest victims. To speak ill of them is horrifying. How dare this Rabbi blame holocaust victims?
- What about the responding police officers? They were heroes who risked life and limb to protect others. Were they too punished because of some “marriage” that occurred years ago? These brave men who engaged the evil neo-Nazi lowlife in gunfire are to be saluted. How dare he vilify them?
- Where is the empathy? Where is the emulating of G-d – the passage in tractate Shabbos – Mah hu rachum af atta rachum – just as He is Merciful, so too must you be merciful? It is all so very absent in this video. Where is the feeling of the pain of the innocent? Where is the sharing of the suffering, of children and grandchildren, and of friends of the victims in this Rabbi’s speech? Where are the tears? Our sages tell us that the Shechina cries when He beholds the tzaar of His nation. And yet there is nothing.
- A Bris Milah has nothing to do with who is bringing the child to receive a bris. We do not condone behavior that is forbidden by the Torah, but when someone wishes to bring a child for a Bris Milah – he or she is to be encouraged. This is no Mitzvah habaa b’Aveira in such a case (See Minchas Chinuch on why “lecha” is needed to disqualify a stolen Sukkah). The Bris Milah is a separate event from anything else.
- Where is the v’ahavta larayacha kamocha – the loving of our fellow man like ourselves? The Chazon Ish zatzal – held that most of the non-observant world are to be considered like a tinok shenishba – a child who was kidnapped and not raised with and thus not privy to the beauties of Torah true Judaism. These Jews are no different. It is wrong to suppress the natural inclinations of our chailek elokah mimaal – of our Divine Portion from Above to empathize with our brethren. In doing this, we are destroying our neshama – our soul, minimizing our schar in Olam Habah, and negating the very important Mitzvah of VeAhavta lerayacha Kamocha.
- It is somewhat presumptuous to give a State of the Union Address – when one is not particularly in charge of any union.
- Great Gedolim have walked many people to the door. It does not give a person a blanket heter of Halachic authority. There were people who fed Klal Yisroel tens of thousands of pounds of treif meat that received a similar honor.
- Ruach haKodesh? Really? Moshe Rabbeinu was chosen to lead Klal Yisroel because of his humility. The Midrash tells us that Har Sinai itself was chosen because it was the smallest mountain in the range.
This is a national tragedy and a tragedy to the entire Jewish people. It can also, Heaven forbid, engender copycat acts. Let’s not forget how school shootings began rachmana litzlan. For several decades there were none. Then there was one. Now, unfortunately, there are many.
No, dear Rabbi. We should empathize.
Deracheha Darchei No’am. The way of Torah is that of pleasantness. The latter part of the verse goes further. It states vechol nesivoseha shalom and all her ways are ways of peace. The video is most inflammatory. The Rabbi should issue an apology.
Lucy Parsons Project Racists Protest Pakistanian Middle Eastern Cafe in San Fransisco
Looks like the GOP can’t help funding fake “progressive” organizations under the guise of fighting for black rights. What’s the new “cause?” A half dozen white women have been daily protesting a local Middle Eastern Cafe owned by a Manny Yekutiel, a man of Pakistani Jewish Descent whose family fled persecution in Pakistan.
Manny Yekutiel opened his eponymous Manny’s in November, calling the Middle Eastern cafe and restaurant in downtown San Francisco a “civic social gathering space.” His goal for the Mission District eatery was “to create a central, accessible and affordable place to go to become a better informed and more involved citizen,” he told the San Francisco Examiner.
Manny’s has earned praise for hosting talks with speakers on issues ranging from Black Lives Matter to urban sustainability.
But Yekutiel, who is Jewish, is being protested weekly, accused of espousing “racist, Zionist, pro-Israel ideals.” His café has been vandalized and painted with anti-Semitic and anti-Israel slogans over and over again — mainly by White racists.
The only allegation seemingly against him is that he is Jewish. Yekutiel has even said he does not support everything the Israeli government does and disagrees with its treatment of the Palestinians — and has many friends who are Palestinian.
Yekutiel reportedly has met nearly all the requirements of United to Save the Mission, a coalition of more than a dozen neighborhood nonprofits and activist groups. They include bilingual signage and staff, moderate prices (a cup of coffee is $1.75) and food prepared by a nonprofit employing homeless, formerly incarcerated and low-income community members, who earn all the food revenue. Community groups can use the space for free.
Brooklyn District Attorney Drops Charges Against Mother Who Had Child Ripped Away by Police
A video showing NYPD officers violently removing a woman’s one-year-old child from her arms has sparked national outrage — even after NYPD and the Brooklyn DA informed us that they would be not pursuing charges. Additionally, NYPD Commissioner O’Neill has informed the public he is personally looking into the case..
Nyesha Ferguos posted the video to her Facebook page on Friday. It shows 23-year-old Jazmine Headly clinging to her son, Damone, and telling officers they are hurting him as they attempt to yank the child away from her. One officer waves a yellow stun gun at the outraged crowd, which includes children, several of whom are filming on their cell phones.
When she refused to stand, security called the police. The situation quickly escalated. Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams told CBS2 News that “a Taser was used” and that HRA peace officers tried to remove Headley because of what they described as “disorderly conduct towards others and for obstructing the hallway.”
NRA Lost $55 million in 2017, and Expected to Lose More
According to tax records obtained by The Daily Beast, the NRA reportedly lost a whopping $55 million in income from 2016 to 2017—a devastating downswing for an organization whose public profile has only grown in the gun-loving radiance of the Trump administration. Notably, almost 20 percent of the $98 million dollars taken in by the NRA in 2017 came from a single—and wouldn’t you know it, anonymous—donor.
Also, should be noted the National Rifle Association is doing away with free coffee and water coolers for employees at its Fairfax, Virginia, headquarters — a cost-cutting move that has NRA insiders “freaking out.”
The coffee cutback is the just latest indication that the NRA is hurting for cash.
In May, the gun group sued Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York, claiming that his state’s zealous regulatory efforts against its Carry Guard insurance program had cost the NRA “tens of millions of dollars” in lost revenue, legal fees, and other damages. (A federal judge recently ruled that the suit can go forward.)
Additionally, the FBI investigation into their connection to Russia is “on going” and will most likely lead to more legal fees and financial problems.
Trump1 week ago
Crazy Evidence that Trump is Working with Russia
Business6 days ago
FDA Halts Food Inspections During Shut Down Creating Deadly Scenario
GOP6 days ago
Every Border Congressperson Opposes Trump Wall
GOP6 days ago
John Kasich Isn’t Sure if He’s a Republican, May Run for President Again
GOP2 days ago
Trump Promotes “Hitler Lover” Buchanan
Trump16 hours ago
Trump Ordered Melania to Make Salads for Clemson Players
Democrats6 days ago
Tom Steyer Will Not Run for President
GOP17 hours ago
Lucy Parsons Project Racists Protest Pakistanian Middle Eastern Cafe in San Fransisco