Connect with us

Hate

Women’s March Founder Calls for Linda Sarsour to Resign for Anti-Gay and Anti-Semitic Statements

Polipace Staff

Published

on

The Women’s March founder is urging the group’s leadership to resign over anti-Semitism and anti-gay rhetoric, just days after Linda Sarsour suggested Jewish people have dual loyalties.

Teresa Shook, a retired lawyer who was behind the nationwide women’s march following the election of President Trump, published a statement on Monday urging the current leaders of the movement to step aside.

“In opposition to our Unity Principles, they have allowed anti-Semitism, anti- LBGTQIA sentiment and hateful, racist rhetoric to become a part of the platform by their refusal to separate themselves from groups that espouse these racist, hateful beliefs,” she wrote on Facebook.

She singled out the group’s board members Bob Bland, Tamika Mallory, Linda Sarsour and Carmen Perez.

Under their leadership, the Women’s March was constantly under fire for allegiance with anti-Semitic groups and comments that some deemed anti-Semitic.

Just last week, Sarsour was condemned for saying the criticism against Minnesota Congresswoman-elect Ilhan Omar over her support for boycott of Israel is led by “folks who masquerade as progressives but always choose their allegiance to Israel over their commitment to democracy and free speech.”

Omar recently came out in support of the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) movement against Israel, despite previously saying she doesn’t support it. She was also criticized for tweeting that “Israel has hypnotized the world.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Brooklyn District Attorney Drops Charges Against Mother Who Had Child Ripped Away by Police

Polipace Staff

Published

on

A video showing NYPD officers violently removing a woman’s one-year-old child from her arms has sparked national outrage — even after NYPD and the Brooklyn DA informed us that they would be not pursuing charges. Additionally, NYPD Commissioner O’Neill has informed the public he is personally looking into the case..

Nyesha Ferguos posted the video to her Facebook page on Friday. It shows 23-year-old Jazmine Headly clinging to her son, Damone, and telling officers they are hurting him as they attempt to yank the child away from her. One officer waves a yellow stun gun at the outraged crowd, which includes children, several of whom are filming on their cell phones.

Headley had reportedly been waiting four hours at a Brooklyn Human Resources Administration (HRA) office to receive daycare reimbursement.
As the office was crowded and there were no seats available, she sat with Damone on the floor.

When she refused to stand, security called the police. The situation quickly escalated. Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams told CBS2 News that “a Taser was used” and that HRA peace officers tried to remove Headley because of what they described as “disorderly conduct towards others and for obstructing the hallway.”

Witnesses disputed this account, saying that there was not enough seating and that security was unnecessarily antagonistic. Ferguson, who posted the video, told the New York Times about her experiences at HRA offices, saying “They’re always rude. They think that people that are poor don’t have nothing, so you can treat them any kind of way.”
Headley was charged with resisting arrest, acting in a manner injurious to a child, obstructing governmental administration and trespassing and taken to Rikers Island. On Tuesday morning Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez dropped those charges and released a statement saying, in part, “It is clear to me that this incident should have been handled differently. An HRA officer escalated the situation as Ms. Headley was about to leave the premises, creating an awful scenario of a baby being torn from his mother,”
A GoFundMe page has been set up by the Brooklyn Defenders Service  to offset the costs of childcare.
Continue Reading

Hate

NRA Lost $55 million in 2017, and Expected to Lose More

Polipace Staff

Published

on

According to tax records obtained by The Daily Beast, the NRA reportedly lost a whopping $55 million in income from 2016 to 2017—a devastating downswing for an organization whose public profile has only grown in the gun-loving radiance of the Trump administration. Notably, almost 20 percent of the $98 million dollars taken in by the NRA in 2017 came from a single—and wouldn’t you know it, anonymous—donor.

Also, should be noted the National Rifle Association is doing away with free coffee and water coolers for employees at its Fairfax, Virginia, headquarters — a cost-cutting move that has NRA insiders “freaking out.”

The coffee cutback is the just latest indication that the NRA is hurting for cash.

In May, the gun group sued Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York, claiming that his state’s zealous regulatory efforts against its Carry Guard insurance program had cost the NRA “tens of millions of dollars” in lost revenue, legal fees, and other damages. (A federal judge recently ruled that the suit can go forward.)

Additionally, the FBI investigation into their connection to Russia is “on going” and will most likely lead to more legal fees and financial problems.

Continue Reading

Hate

Border Patrol Chief Says Tear Gas Can Be Used on Kids’ Nachos

Polipace Staff

Published

on

Responding to news that border patrol had fired tear gas on migrants and asylum-seekers at the southern border, a Fox News guest said, “It’s natural. You could actually put it on your nachos and eat it.”

The guest was Ron Colburn, the former national chief of the U.S. Border Patrol and current president of the Border Patrol Foundation. His belief that this weekend’s use of tear gas was justified. “Absolutely,” Colburn said when asked if the use of tear gas was warranted. “To clarify: The type of deterrent being used is OC pepper spray. It’s literally water, pepper, with a small amount of alcohol for evaporation purposes.”

Colburn also asserted that the group of asylum-seekers — most of whom are fleeing oppression and violence in Central America, and were turned into a midterm campaign issue by President Trump — had entitlement issues. The so-called caravan “has a core of violence to it that basically communicates a sense of entitlement,” he said. “These are persons that one would like to think are true refugees but they are not showing that in their actions.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Recent Posts

Advertisement

What's Hot

Copyright © 2017 Pace Lattin Inc. powered by WordPress.